Suggest treatment for burns on either side of nose to 5 month old boy?

hi my 5 month old boy got burned even though I did use protection he now has two blisters on either side of nose over night he rub them now the skin is off they are about the size of a 10 cent piece
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Burn Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the question. I'm sorry your child was burned. What you are describing is a second degree burn. This is not much different than a severe sunburn. The most important thing at this point is to prevent infection. The burn is in an area where he will scratch often. We want to do our best to prevent this from happening. Additionally, I recommend applying an antibiotic ointment to the affected areas 3 times per day. An ointment like bacitracin will do. If you notice the affected area is worsening over the next 24 to 48 hours, I recommend consulting with your doctor.