Suggest treatment for burning in eyes

My daughter's eyes are burning. She is continently blinking her eyes. She has tried eye drops and cold compresses. What else can she do?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: She can use antibiotic and artificial tear eyedrop Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. Burning and irritation of the eyes is a non specific complaint and it is seen in a variety of conditions. Few common conditions are Dryness of the eyes Allergic conjunctivitis presence of foreign bodies like dust inside the eye. The initial treatment is by using artificial tear eye drops. If there is discharge from the eyes antibiotic eye drops are required. If there is associated itching of the eyes anti-allergic eye drops are required. Hence I advice to use artificial tear eye drops and antibiotic aye drops and if the burning of the eyes is not decreasing your daughter requires examination by a ophthalmologist to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your questions and the information is helpful to you. Thank you