Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for burning and frequent urination

Question
jBURNING, PRESSURE IN GROIN AREA. FREQUENT URINE, AT NIGHT MOSTLY TRY TO URINATE, THEN CANNOT. SAW DOC, NO INFECTION ACC TO TEST OTC FOR THIS
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: OTC medicines for burning/frequent urination... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and your symptoms might be related to genital problems as long as urinary tract infections are excluded. I suggest to do: - vaginal swab testing - abdominal/transvaginal ultrasound - examination of feces for ova/parasites to evaluate your health condition further. I also advise to: - drink more water (to prevent dehydration which might cause burning and frequent urination) - monitor your blood sugar level and record the results. You are reporting to be using Dilantin (phenytoin) which might alter the balance of blood sugar leading to frequent urination as it is eliminating by the kidney - take otc magnesium/zinc citrate to optimize the pH of urine, thus, optimizing the symptoms - keep a good hygiene of your genitalia and wash with chamomile tea - take cranberry/uva-ursina tea to alleviate your symptoms At the end, I'd kindly ask to have the reports of the tests conducted at your doc's office to assist you further! Thank you! Dr.Albana