Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty when suffering from lpr reflux

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
1.have lpr reflux since 5 years not taking ppi continously having breathing problem on minimal exertion not able to do daily activities test done 2decho,pft xray=normal,now also have muscle tension dysphonia. 2.had severe vit.d deficiency in past got cervical spondylosis now vit.d normal but stil have pain while writing,typing,if i stand my legs pain and all joint pains,didn`t took calcium test done r.a factor,creaactive=normal so what causing all problems.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa. Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case. I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole 20 mg twice a day. Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa and will give protective covering. Gases formation if you have can be reduced by eating easily digestible food stop non veg drink plenty of water. If required you may need to do upper GI endoscopy. Due to compression of nerve root there can be neck pain. Also there can be disc bulge which is compressing over spinal cord. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give you relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 level. If required MRI cervical spine need to be done along with blood investigation to rule out chronic arthritis. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty when suffering from lpr reflux 24 minutes later
but what causing breathing problem on minimal exertion

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 15 hours later
Brief Answer: There is possibility of lung insufficiency Detailed Answer: Hello again I have studied your case, There is possibility of lung insufficiency. PFT may not detect this problem. You need to further investigate like HRCT[thorax]. And muscle marker like CPK-MM. Also you need to improve your lung capacity by doing pranayama. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty when suffering from lpr reflux 10 hours later
what complication can lpr do to throat or lungs i have normal pft & b12 is 216

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Explained below Detailed Answer: Hello again, In adults, lpr can scar the throat and voice box. It can also increase risk for cancer in the area, affect the lungs, and may irritate conditions such as asthma, emphysema, or bronchitis. Fundoplication is a type of surgery which involves wrapping the upper part of the stomach around the lower oesophagus to create a stronger valve between the oesophagus and stomach. It is usually done laparoscopic XXXXXXX with small surgical incisions and use of small surgical equipment and a laparoscope. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.