Suggest treatment for brain fogginess, memory lapses, body aches, head wooshing and a fever inspite of sinus surgery

ENT Specialist
I had surgery on my sinuses on 1/2/14. My followup was late January and I had swelling and infection in my left sinus so I was prescribed a 21 day antibiotic and 16 day tapered predinsone. My second followup was on 2/12 and my left sinus was swabbed and my antibiotic switched to a sulfa and another 16 day tapered prednisone was prescribed. Symptoms during the time leading to 2/12 appt included extreme throbbing migraine headaches, fatigue, continuous fever (99-101.5), facial and ear pain, ringing and swooshing in ears. On Feb 18 I discontinued the sulfa as my results came back positive for staph epi. I began treatment via sinus rinse 2xday/30days with 2 sensitive tested antibiotics and a steroid. I have done 6 doses so far. My concern is that I feel as though I am getting worse. I am unsure if I need to be more proactive, or give the antibiotics more time to work. I have a lot of brain fogginess, memory lapses, body aches, my insides hurt, ear pain, head wooshing and a fever that is continuing regardless of treatment with Tylenol or Ibuprofen. I would like a second opinion from another doctor outside of our area and would like a recommendation as to whether I should consult an ENT or another type of specialist. Thank you!
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: please meet another ent doctor Detailed Answer: Hello I am really concerned about your symptoms ., specially the mental clouding one. This is not normal and indicates that the infection may be spreading in the body and even the brain! I Dont want to scare you but I would strongly Recommend that you meet another ent doctor for a possible endoscopy and even a C T scan, as to find out exactly what is going wrong. Meanwhile I would like you to continue your antibiotics and the nasal irrigation! The ear pain and fullness is due to the sinus condition and will resolve once the infection subsides. Take care!