Suggest treatment for bowed leg

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
i am 20yrs old,59kg weight, and 165cms height male..I have a Bowed leg..I feel uncomfortable whe i wear XXXXXXX and shorts which sometimes look awkward..What could be a remedy? Should i put some muscle mass on specif area? or what else i can do the best? thanks..
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Surgical correction is an option. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. At this age bowed leg could not be reverted without surgical correction. If it is bigger and bothers you then breaking the bones and restraightening can be done. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for bowed leg 3 minutes later
does surgical operation affect the leg strength..as I train my muscle frequently..Is there a side-effect after some years and old age periods?

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Does not affect the leg strength Detailed Answer: Hi, Surgical correction does not affect the leg strength. If the surgical correction is done properly and healing occurs well, there is no as such side effects after some years and old age periods.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for bowed leg 27 hours later
Where can I find a good ortho in tamil nadu? i am from trichy,tamil nadu.Thanks

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Sorry , I have no idea. Detailed Answer: Sorry , I have no idea. You can search online at google or contact at healthcaremagic.