Suggest treatment for blocked nose

Hello Doctor ... My son suffers from a frequent nose block in winter. Sometimes, if we force him to remove the flum, nose bleed happens. Is there a remedy to prevent nose block.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: avoid temperature variation and get ENT checkup Detailed Answer: vasomotor rhinitis. Forceful nose nose blowing should be avoided because the mucus forms again in no time. Use local pressure on nose from both sides to control bleeding which usually stops in 5minutes.Some children may have a Deviated nasal septum as a cause for nose blocks, it needs surgical correction. One simple remedy is giving a combination decongestant medicine stat with the first symptom and ask the child to rest in bed for half an hour, the problem would not increase beyond. Try these options your child will forget the cold so would you, I hope. If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you. Wish you a great health!