Suggest treatment for bed wetting,pain in lungs,feet,skin and barking cough with normal creatinine level?

General Surgeon
my 8 year old son's creatine came back at 36 UMOL/L and his IGA 0.11. He has been sick for months and still no diagnosis. he wets the bed now and says his left lung hurts, his feet ache all the time and he has developed a barking cough. These are but a few symptoms. He even says his skin hurts. I am very confused.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Gastroesophageal reflux needs to be ruled out Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXXXXX I assure you that his Creatinine levels are within normal limits and calls for no concern. IgA levels are also within normal limits. His barking cough and left lung pain could be due to possibility of Gastroesophageal reflux, which should be suspected in presence of long duration cough without other associated symptoms of infection of respiratory tract. I would suggest you the following 1. Chest X-ray PA view - will rule out Pneumonia and any infective pathology. 2. Complete blood count to rule out Eosinophilia 3. Upper gastrointestinal contrast study- to rule out Gastroesophageal reflux Gastroesophageal reflux is more likely, if he has symptoms of restrosternal burning pain, vomiting/nausea. I would suggest you to consult your Pediatrician and discuss with him these and further investigation. Bed wetting is sometimes seen in this age group. If urine examination reveal absence of urinary tract infection and ultrasound of kidney,ureter and bladder are normal then there is no cause for concern. It will require 1. Behavioral therapy- reward him the next day when he does not void in bed. 2. Avoid drinking water around bed time, especially after 6pm. Let him consume his quota of water during the day. 3. Avoid coffee and cocoa He should definitely respond to it. I hope it helped Do get back to me if you need further assistance, will be very glad to assist you. Take care Wishing you and your family happy and healthy life Regards Dr Deepak XXXXXXX MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Pediatric Surgeon