Suggest treatment for back pain caused by sprained lower back

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hello Doctor i have sprained my lower back in a game of cricket. By over strecthing. I have taken one flexon tablet and two oxalgin tablet in the last 18 hours. The pain is not reduced and i am not able to walk straight its painful.. Can you suggest me
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follow the below mentioned guidelines. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. The fact that your pain is occurring with movements indicates a muscle strain. Any strained muscle when stretched gives severe pain. I advice you to follow the below mentioned guidelines - * Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain. * Ice packing once in every 2 hours over the affected area. * Moist heat application to relax the muscles. * Local application of muscle relaxant gel. * You can continue taking flexon tablet as adviced by your doctor. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern. Wishing you good health... Regards.