Suggest treatment for back and hip pain

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I'm slightly over weight and 40yrs old male, 1 yr ago I fell from plastic stool on back Hips, now when I lay down with my back I feel pain in my hips disc. Please advise
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 4 hours later
Brief Answer: I will advise you do X ray of hip. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history there can be hip arthritis which can be degenerative or due to avascular necrosis of femoral head [AVN]. I will advise you do X ray of hip and you can consult me with reports or with your doctor. After clinical examination IF AVN is suspected then you will need MRI. Till time take analgesic and cartilage protecting medication like glucosamine sulphate. For hip arthritis joint flexion, extension and rotation exercises will help. Physiotherapist will help you better to learn more exercises in proper protocol. If required intra-articular injection can be given. Diet rich in calcium and protein will help Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.