Suggest treatment for anxiety

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
i HAVE BEEN ON CYMBALTA (60 MG) FOR NEARLY TWO WEEKS, AND 75 MG OF SEROQUEL FOR 6 NIGHTS FOR DEPRESSION AND PURE O (OBSESSIONAL THOUGHTS). WHEN SHOULD I START TO SEE RELIEF? I WAKE UP IN A PANIC EVERY MORNING AND HAVE TO TAKE A .5 XANAX EVERY MORNING AND MID AFTERNOON.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Will take more than two weeks Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for choosing XXXXXXX I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would try to solve your problem. In your case, Cymbalta is for depressive and obsessive symptoms. Seroquel in such a low dose would act like antidepressant and sedative. Normally antidepressants take minimum two weeks to show response that means onset of action of cymbalta would come after two weeks. You have been on drugs for last two weeks, means now onward drugs would show their effect, but everything would improve gradually. First anxiety symptoms then depressive and at the end somatic and obsessive complaints will improve. Mean time xanax would help you to control anxiety symptoms. I hope with that answer you would be satisfied. In case, you need further query, you can ask anytime. Regards, Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist