Suggest treatment for anxiety

have anxiety issues and am slight agoraphobic. was on prozac and zanax for 18 years. the last year with no medication and feel I need some again. looking for a doctor to see and possibly help thank you XXXX
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 5 hours later
Brief Answer: again start medication Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query. I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. I think that you need to start your medication again. But as you would know anxiety medications are available only on prescription, you need to see a doctor for a prescription. Untill you see your doctor, you can try relaxation techniques, meditation and try to sleep well. That would help you over come anxiety. You should also see a psychotherapist. He/she can help you by different techniques which make your mind relax in difficult situation Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. I wish you good health. Dr. Alok
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for anxiety 4 hours later
thank you for response. I can't travel on freeways so I need to see a doctor in simi valley, can. can you recommend someone?XXXX
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can ask your GP for reference. Detailed Answer: Hi, Sorry, I do not know anyone there. If your GP are unable to give you reference, I have found some of specialist on the net who may be able to help you. 1. Dr. XXXXXXX M Gudeman - 2650 XXXXXXX Way Suite 27B, Simi Valley, CA 93065 2. Dr. Obie J XXXXXXX - 1066 Tuttle Ave, Simi Valley, CA 93065 3. Dr. Allans S Abrams - 1687 Erringer Rd Suite 106, Simi Valley, CA 93065 Please note that I do not have any personal connections with these doctor. Hope this helped. Regards