Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder

Jun 2014

Hi , i am XXXX, while wearing cloth i feel suffocating and fear comes in the mind, whether my breath going to stop, what is the wrong with me
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Specific phobia Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, psychiatrist would help you in this problem. Feeling sudden suffocation and fear while changing clothes is towards anxiety disorder. It would keep possibility of specific phobia. In specific phobia, patient has fear in specific conditions, animal, object or situation like height, dark, water, any place etc. Due to fear, they have anxiety symptoms in particular situation. This lead to avoidance tendency and end with mark socio-occupational dysfunction. I think, same problem is in your case. You have fear and anxiety symptoms while wearing clothes for last one month and this is towards specific phobia. There is nothing to worry about it. It is psychological issue, which would improve with certain drug like low dose antidepressant and low dose benzodiazepine along with some relaxation exercise. For medication and psychotherapy, you should consult a psychiatrist. That would help to control your symptoms, otherwise it could increase day by day. In case, you need my help, you can consult me. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist