Suggest treatment for androgenetic alopecia

Sir i face hair loss from many year , now bald patches appear in front and back of my head , suggest me any good medicine for regrow my hairs Can i take finax 1mg as previous suggestion but i heard taking finax may affect on sex health ?? suggest
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: androgenetic alopecia and its treatment Detailed Answer: Hello dear welcome to healthcaremagic . I have read your query and understood your concern. It seems you are having patterned hair loss also known as androgenetic alopecia. For this type of hair loss, you may use preparations containing combination of finasteride and minoxidil 3 percent available in lotion formulation. Alongwith you may also start finasteride in low doses. In few patients, it has been shown to affect sexual activity like decreased libido . That is why its always advisable to take finasteride in the morning. Various oral preparations containing calcium pantothenate, biotin, selenium are also helpful in hair regrowth taken along with lotion and oral finasteride. It may take around minimum of 3 months before any hair regrowth is appreciated after starting the tratment. So , you may start finasteride for your hair regrowth but preferably in morning hours. If you have any further query, you may ask me. I will be happy to help you further. Good luck.