Suggest treatment for alopecia on beard
User rating for this question
I shave going against the way my hair grows which causes cuts and now those spots dont grow hair how do I grow hair in those spots?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Complete clinical review, opinion of dermatologist Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, Hairs not growing in given areas could be explained by numerous causes. first, it is imperative to get a complete clinical review to exclude a fungal infection. Infections in certain areas could impair hair growth. Secondly, a complete personal and family history are compelling. A history of alopecia could be important t note, and also any personal history of impaired hair growth in certain areas. Knowing if this has happened before, happened in other areas or amongst any family members is imperative. Some hidden metabolic diseases, like blood diseases, leukemia, HIV, Malnutrition, which are maybe unlikely in your case, do explain impaired hair growth. The hair oil used or lotions should be noted too. A careful clinical review and personal/family history review a dermatologist is the best thing to do in my opinion. It is imperative to exclude an infection, alopecia or a chronic disease before applying any other measures. I strongly suggest you book an appointment with a dermatologist. Please, do feel free asking further questions in case of need. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain
People also viewed
- Suggest treatment for alopecia on beard
- Suggest treatment for alopecia and thinning of hair
- Can i take morgidox for human monocytic ehrlichiosis ?
- Suggest treatment for androgenetic alopecia
- Symptoms light headed night sweats nausea slight fever
- Thyroid glandular underweight
- Is viadur used in the treatment of precocious puberty?
- Can i take alesse for polyfollicular ovarian disease ?
- I am suffering from periodontitis, can i take perisol?
- Skin changes due to venous insufficiency peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for alopecia and headaches
- Sweaty arse crack
- Splenda and excessive sweating
- Is flanax pain reliever used in the treatment of mps ?
- What is the treatment for alopecia in head and beard