Suggest treatment for allergic sneezing

I have been suffering from sneezing from past 4 months(Only when i'm in Bangalore).Sneezing follows horrible discomfort at my throat like some muscle tore up.It takes time for my throat to become normal.Some days my nose is all disturbed with sneezy feeling.It all started in mid November. I visited a doctor in mid December. So it was in control.Later I have been to my home town Visakhapatnam for 2 weeks where everything was absolutely fine.After coming back to Bangalore my problems reverted back.On an avg sneezing happens 2 times.Each time if it starts there will be some 10 to 15 sneezings at a time.Please help me
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Try saline nasal sprays... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX You seem to be suffering from an allergic phenomena, perhaps the dust or other external environmental factor is sensitizing your nasal mucosa. I would suggest you to keep saline nasal spray such as nasomist with you always. Spray a couple of doses into each nostril as and when you get the urge to sneeze. This should help. Alternatively I have also prescribed azelastine +/- fluticasone nasal sprays to my patients with similar complaints. They have found it helpful. It can be used only when needed. You can discuss about this option with your treating doctor if the initial saline spray doesn't help. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for allergic sneezing 11 minutes later
So which one should i opt out of the three? 1)nasomist nasal spray 2)azelastine nasal spray 3)fluticasone nasal spray
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try nasomist initially... Detailed Answer: You could try nasomist since that is free of any medical drug. The fluid layers the mucosa and prevents further sensitization. If you don't feel great after it, you can visit an ENT surgeon and discuss about azelastine + fluticosone nasal spray. Hope this helps. Regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for allergic sneezing 3 minutes later
azelastine + fluticosone nasal spray:-Are those 2 sprays to be used one after another or is it a single spay of mixed composition? Thanks & Regards XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mixed combination... Detailed Answer: It's available as single product with mixed combination. Your ENT surgeon will know about it. Regards