Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis associated with ear infection

My son has one ear that is bright red and he's had a runny nose and has been fussier than normal but hasn't been running a fever We are out of town right now and can't get to his Dr, do I need to take him to the DR?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: No worries but do consult Detailed Answer: Good day XXXX Thank you for asking. My name is Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your one year old son's runny nose and red ear. XXXX these symptoms are classic presentation of allergic rhinitis associated with ear infection. Miss kitkat these symptoms are very common and innocuous in children because of straighten eustachian tube ( tube connecting mouth and ears) resulting is these symptoms. All your kid would need is Some tea spoonfulls of Amoxil syrup and Nasal decongestants with ear drops. And change the posture for baby's feed in future and avoid feeding them milk or any thing in lying position as these practices have been reported very common reason for these infections. SO in Nut shell You have nothing to worry about but seeking paediatrician's consult is a good thing. SO what if you are out. There are paediatricians every where. They will tell you the same i did. Your baby will be fine. Take good care of your baby and yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please. Regards Dr S Khan