Suggest treatment for allergic cough

I am suffering from Dry cough for the last 1 month or so. I have taken 6 tablets of Levo flox 250Mg, Asthallyn cough syrup 2 bottles and Grilinctus cough syrup ( dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Guaiphenesin and Ammonium chloride) 2 bottles in the last 3 weeks. The cough is still there. What should I do now ?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Your cough is most likely allergic in nature Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. You are apparently suffering from allergic cough, due to allergy to dust, pollen, fog, cold, humidity, environmental pollutants; or, worm infestation/microfilaria. More information is required to shortlist the exact cause. Get your Blood tests such as,CBC, Eosinophil count, Absolute Eosinophil Count, microfilaria; stools for worms, ova and cyst of worms; chest X-ray done. In the meanwhile, pending visit to a doctor, you can take cough syrup containing CODEINE; oral Prednisolone and anti-allergic drug, such as Levoceterizine + a single-dose course of anti-worm pill, such as Albendazole. These medicines will stop your cough drastically. But, THIS IS ONLY A SYMPTOMATIC (NOT CURATIVE) TREATMENT. Identification of the real cause and specific treatment for the same, will cure your cough. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal