Suggest treatment for allergic bronchitis with post nasal drip
User rating for this question
I have dust allergy due to which i get congestion in my lungs for ehich i take levolin rota capsules. Currently am suffrring ftom heavy congestion in lungs and rota capsules are ineffective. I visited a doctor 5 days ago and he prescribed the foll meds Ascoril Deletus d Tab loxof az 500 Doxolin 400 My condition is only half better after taking the meds..have severe throat block n difficulty in swallowing. I called him n he chaged the meds to clavam 625 n trioslam. Kindlt advise Am allergic to amoxcyllin n taking 75 mg off ultta eltrocin fr hypothyroidism RegardsXXXX
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not take clavam if allergic to amoxycillin. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. You seem to be currently suffering from allergic bronchitis with ? post nasal drip. 2. You need to get yourself evaluated from a Pulmonologist in detail. 3. Investigations that may be required are chest xray, PFT, sputum and blood examinations (complete blood counts, seum IgE levels). 4. Currently you need to continue inhalers with antibiotics. If you are allergic to amoxycillin, then please inform the same to your doctor and he will prescribe an alternative antibiotic. 5. Also do you have features suggestive of cold? recurrent breathlessness episodes? If yes then Asthma needs to be ruled out. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist
People also viewed
- Is wheezing a side effect of dexilant?
- Suggest treatment for allergic bronchitis with post nasal drip
- Is seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there a side effect of levaquin?
- Post nasal drip treatment
- Post nasal drip and bronchitis
- Is burning, numbness, tingling, or painful sensations a side effect of levofloxacin?
- Is coughing that sometimes produces a pink frothy sputum a side effect of naproxen?
- Is wheezingabsent, missed, or irregular menstrual periods a side effect of tysabri?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip
- Is wheezing a side effect of florinef?
- Is wheezing a side effect of sporanox?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drip
- Is wheezing a side effect of bystolic?
- What are the side effects of doxycycline monohydrate capsules and omega-3/vitamin e?
- Is wheezing a side effect of caldolor?