Suggest treatment for allergic asthma and lung infection causing nausea and coughing?

I have been sick for weeks now and my symptoms include chest pain, sore throat, coughing extremely badly and very often, sometimes my coughing is followed by throwing up. i have also had bouts of extreme nausea. stomach pain. fatigue. difficulty breathing and when i breathe out it makes a weird sound like a wheezing sound. ive had these symptoms for about 2 weeks and its gradually been getting worse. I do not have health insurance and i need to know if I need to go to a hospital or not. Im not sure what to do but the pain and coughing and throwing up just keeps getting worse and i am also a smoker. probably stupid to smoke while sick. i feel like there is pain in my chest and lungs. Initially a few weeks ago I was told I had tonsillitis, then I was told I had the flu and took tamiflu. But my symptoms have been getting worse.It just feels like im breathing rapidly a lot of the time along with the chest pain and coughing and vomiting and also going number 2 A LOT . (Im sorry I know that's gross) I have bad congestion and constantly blowing my nose, swallowing phlegm or coughing stuff up. My nose runs 24/7 and I feel exhausted.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult your doctor AS SOON AS POSSIBLE Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for your query. The information provided by you suggests that you have allergic asthma, aggravated by with superimposed sinus + lung infection (most likely viral or bacterial). It is not uncommon to have nausea and vomiting in acute sinus and lung infection. A viral infection usually causes extreme fatigue. The chest pain is due to spasm and fatigue of the chest muscles following constant coughing. Frequent urination suggests that it might be due to co-existing urinary infection. If you have diabetes in your family, then should get blood sugar done to rule out/detect diabetes. If the phlegm is yellowish, greenish or brownish in color, it indicates a secondary bacterial infection. You urgently require tests including, sputum examination and culture to identify the causative organism; chest X-ray to see for evidence of a bronchitis / Pneumonia; and, relevant blood and urine workup. The first step towards cure is to STOP SMOKING forthwith! You urgently need a course of antibiotics; anti-histaminic drugs, such as, Levoceterizine and Montelukast; bronchodilators and steroids in inhaled/nebulized form; nasal decongestant sprays/drops; cough suppressant syrups which contain codeine along with drugs which promote bringing out sputum from the lungs; saline gargles; steam inhalation and, plenty of water. So, consult your doctor AT THE EARLIEST and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion. Let him decide whether you need to get admitted to a hospital for treatment. If your doctor has the facilities to treat you as outpatient, he will order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, young lady Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal