Suggest treatment for agoraphobia with panic disorder

Jun 2014

So here's my situation: I'm a recent homebound agoraphobic, since last october. I was driving on the freeway on got a huge panic attack and drove back home and haven't left since. I started feeling dizzy/titling sensations whenever I get anxious and especially when I'm around people in the house or its very crowded. It's bugged me or quite some time, but its gotten worse in the last 3 weeks or so. Sometimes it comes as a floating sensation like in an elevator going up and down. I had blood work done in september and everything was normal, as well as a physical by my GP. Now, I do get a panic attacks frequently (usually sometime in the morning) and the anxiety gradually dies down as the day goes on. Not all the time, but thats like a "normal" routine day with anxiety for me. I dont experience any other symptoms with the dizzy sensations (no fever and no vomttiing), besides being fearful and the occasional panic attack. I just need help figuring this out.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 2 days later
Brief Answer: Agoraphobia with panic disorder Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for choosing healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you to come out from this problem. You have anxiety symptoms in crowded places, while travelling away from home, travelling alone etc, all these are related to agoraphobia. Along with these symptoms, you have panic attacks. So, in your case diagnosis would be agoraphobia with panic disorder. This is a kind of anxiety disorder and for that you need proper treatment. In agoraphobia with panic disorder, you need treatment with antidepressants like paroxetine, escitalopram etc with low dose benzodiazepine and psychotherapy like relaxation exercise or exposure therapy. That would help to decrease panic attack and anxiety symptoms due to agoraphobia. In think, you should consult a psychiatrist for further treatment. You can not get these drugs without prescription. In case, you need further help, you can consult me. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for agoraphobia with panic disorder 3 hours later
I also sometimes feel as though I will faint, but I never do nor have i ever fainted in my life. It's just a really scary feeling too.
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Part of anxiety symptoms Detailed Answer: Hi This is part of anxiety symptoms. Nothing to worry about it. Whenever you have such kind of feeling, just do deep breathing for 5 minutes. It would help you to stay calm. With medication and relaxation exercise, such episode would decrease. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist