Suggest treatment for acute attack of bronchitis

I have been on a z-pack for 3 days for bronchitis, my chest is tighter and im wheezing more then I was before. Do I need to give the antibiotic more time to work or do I need something else. Im not coughing alot but when I do it brings up little mucus
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: You Require Bronchodilator Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in details. I understand your concern. First of All I would like to know further details about your illness: 1. Duration of your symptoms 2. Are you a diagnosed known case of Chronic Bronchitis? If yes , what treatment you have been taking for this since you have been diagnosed? 3. Smoking history 4. Any fever associated 5. Your occupation. For Acute Attack of Bronchitis if you have , Zpack will help you only if you have associated infection. If the bronchitis is allergic it won't help you much. I advice you to consider adding following to your treatment: 1. Tab Levocetrizine + Montelukast once daily. 2. Syp Bromohexine 2 Tea spoon full thrice a day Alternatively if you have severe spasm you may take a combination syrup of Doxophylline and Levocetrizine thrice a day But your bronchitis is a chronic you may require inhaled bronchodilators like Salbutamol. These measures would help you a lot but should be taken under your physicians guidance who has examined you. Reply with questions I have asked and if you have any other query please ask me.