Suggest treatment for acidity

I used to face almost regularly with acidity with some foods like XXXXXXX tea, pooris etc. If I consume curs along with this then there is some amount of relief else the acidity is high. Is this a normal symptom or should I take some medication or checkup.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the query. Well acidity is a fairly common problem. Try following things and see if you feel better 1) regularize your eating habits 2) do not eat too much at a time or stay hungry for long 3) take adequate sleep and ensure you do not sleep two hours after meals 4) avoid smoking, alcohol, tobacco if any 5) avoid stress whenever possible If do not feel better then worthwhile seeing a gastroenterologist and take treatment for short duration if still symptoms persist or recurrent then an endoscopy may be needed. Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery. Happy to help