Suggest treatment for abdominal pain caused by hard coughing

Coughed so hard 2 days ago now my lower left abdomen about 2inches below my rib cage is in severe pain, now every time I cough is is excruciating intense pain. I am taking mucinex and pseudophenidrene and NyQuil products to stop mucous production,,,,,it is scary
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: The cause to severe pain below rib cage-coughing.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX Although severe coughing is associated with pain below your rib cage and seems to be scary, however,there is nothing serious to be worried about. I'd advise to: - keep another pillow (2 in total) when sleeping to alleviate coughing - drink plenty of water - apply local balm for cold - inhale warm steam or saline through aerosol therapy - take linden tea with lemon Wish fast recovery! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!