Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and bloating

Apr 2014

A couple of days ago I had a sudden bout of unexplained diarrhea. This settled within 12 hours and I was able to eat normally and felt fine. Overnight I have been suffering a severe burning pain in the pelvic and lower left abdomen snd have had to lie down to tolerate the pain. Panadolhas not given any relief and there is also bloating. What treatment would you suggest.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need proper clinical exam & investigatigations Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS(Random blood sugar),LFT(Liver function test),RFT(Renal function test),Urine RE/ME,Urine culture and sensitivity,Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigations can be done if needed. Ultrasound of abdomen can exclude many conditions. Your problem may be due to renal,ureter or urinary bladder calculus,infection,spasm of intestines etc. You may need antibiotics if infection is diagnosed. At present you can tablet Dicyclomine 20 mg and Pantoprazole 40 mg stat. Proper treatment depend upon clinical examination and investigation reports. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX