Suggest treatment for a bruise on the inner thighs

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I've developed a bruise on my inner thigh, next to my knee. There is a lump underneath the bruise...about twice the size of a pea. Don't remember injuring myself.
Posted Fri, 17 Feb 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Subcutaneous inflammation / Gout

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.

A bruise that has occured without any trauma indicates a subcutaneous inflammation.

This can happen due to continuous pressure over the part unknowingly (e.g., while sleeping on one side)

Other possibility is Gout. Raised uric acid levels can cause deposition of uric acid crystals in soft tissues causing the bruise and swelling.

I would suggest you to take anti-inflammatory tablets like ibuprofen.paracetamol for 2 days.

Ice packs will help.

Do not rub or apply anything warm over the bruise.Applcation of olive oil will help.

If the bruise does not show any signs of improvement in a couple of days, you can get serum uric acid levels checked for any derangements.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.