Suggest treatment for Writer's cramp

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
please suggest treatment on writers cramp
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Writer's cramp (focal dystonia) is a common condition in our practice, and has good treatments. In the initial phase, medications such as trihexiphenidyl and tetrabenazine tablets are used. Those who do not improve with tablets, can benefit from botulinum (botox) injections. These injections are given in the forearm muscles, and the effect lasts for 3-6 months. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Writer's cramp 3 hours later
i am from nanded , maharashtra .please suggest neurology hospital near my area which is give me treatment on writes cramp

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: At Nanded, you can consult Dr Bhede Neurologist. At Aurangabad, you can consult Dr Majeed Neurologist. They would help you with treatment of writers cramp. If you come to Hyderabad, I would be pleased to treat you. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Writer's cramp 5 hours later
then please send ur hyderabad hospital address , phone no for contact

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: I work at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. It is the biggest/best hospital in Hyderabad. You could call 040-0000 (extension 6634/3011) to fix up the appointment. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Writer's cramp 13 hours later
what is the total expenditure required on writers cramp treatment ( including medicine & treatment charges)

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. The usual expenditure would be Rs 1500-2000/ only if medications are used. If we go for botox injection procedure, the cost would be about Rs 25,000/ Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)