Suggest treatment for Uvitis

Rheumatologist
Question
I have uvitis, so far know what has helped me. They just check me every 4 months and give me a cancer drug. Can you help me please. XXXXXXX Papp
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that you will need to tell the drug that you are taking , so that it will be possible to relate the issues. Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Uvitis 10 hours later
Methotrexate is the medicine and follic acid

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well since you are taking methotrexate , it is a possibilty that you are having uveitis associated with autoimmune diseases associated with seronegative spondyloarthropathy where it is the drug of choice . Tell me your whole problem what you want to ask . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Uvitis 6 minutes later
How did I get this and is this the correct medicine. Thks Will it go away or will I become blind. Thks.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, These diseases are autoimmune diseases generally occurs in people having HLA- B 27 gene positivity . There are few disease entities under this . I dont know you have been diagnosed with what . But dont be scared if you are compliant with these medications nothing will happen . Acute anterior uveitis is a hallmark for all these diseases . Methotrexate is generally used in patients which have more peripheral manifestations like swelling in joints etc. Just for uveitis methotrexate is not started local steroids are generally used . Tell me your other symptoms. Dr. Shruti