Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for Urinary tract infection

General Surgeon
Hi, for the two weeks when I need to go to th toilet I start getting a burning sensation and I must go wright away as I have no control, my wee also smells like a sickly smell what is the problem it's getting me down I am also very tired some evenings
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urinary tract infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Your symptoms are very characteristic for urinary tract infection. Due to bacteria presence in the urinary tract you get burning while urinating. Frequent urinating, lower abdominal pain, back pain or fever can be also present. It is necessary for you to visit a doctor and have urine analysis done. In case of infection antibiotics are necessary. In a meanwhile please increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplementation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.