Suggest treatment for UTI

Apr 2014

Hi,I am 34 years old Male and i did my Urine examination test today as the result is as follows : Albumin : Traces Sugar : Nil Pus cells : 5-7/HPF RBC : Occasional Casts : Hyaline casts present Epithelial cells : 2-4/HPF Bacteria : NIl Others : Amorphous phosphates present Can anyone please tell me my situation??
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are suffering from UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are suffering from urinary tract infection(UTI).This is indicated by the presence of pus cells,epithelial cells,traces of protein,occasional RBC and casts. You need few more investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Urine culture and sensitivity and Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigations can be done if needed. Ultrasound of abdomen can detect other associated pathology like calculus in kidney,Urinary bladder etc. Don't worry,you will be alright with antibiotics. At present you need proper antibiotics after culture and sensitivity report. Culture and sensitivity is needed because now a days because bacteria are resistant to many drugs. You can also take alkalizing syrup 1 TSf thrice daily for 5-7 days. You should consult your physician if problem is persistent. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for UTI 7 minutes later
Thanks for the reply Dr. XXXXXXX What antibiotics do you suggest for the time being?? will it be okay if i take Pancef-O as i have already been prescribed by doctor previously. and What is the meaning of Amorphous phosphates present?? do i need to be worry of it??
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Empirically tablet Pancef-O can be taken. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing back Empirically tablet Pancef-O can be taken.It has wide coverage against many bacteria so you are taking right medicines. Presence of amorphous phosphates in urine is most likely due to change in urine PH resulting from infection.Usually presence of these crystals in urine is non significant. It will correct after PH correction. Get well soon. Hope, I have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX