Suggest treatment for UTI

I just got routine blood and urine test done. Everything was normal in Blood rest. But in Urine test I had some points in BOLD that raised some concerns. Following is the brief report: Quantity - 10 c.c. Colour - Yellow Deposits - Present Transparancy - Turbid Pus Cells - 10-12/ hpf Epithelial Cells - 8-10/ hpf Casts - Absent Crystals - Absernt I have been on folic acid and vitamin c medicine for acne scars problem. Other then that my diet is pretty normal. Active sex life. I have been having lower abdominal pain, most of the time on left side.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Few pus cells in urine indicate UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX There are few pus cells in urine which indicate a infection. Its common to get pus cells in urine.Rest findings seem normal. If there are no symptoms like increase frequency of urine, burning during urination , chills or fever , then this doesn't need any treatment. Drinking lots of water with fruit juices can flush off the infection. But if there are any of the above symptoms then course of UTI treating antibiotics would be needed. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts. Regards.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for UTI 23 hours later
Ya but my urine is very yellowish lately, and in morning its very dark like brownish yellowish. and I have also been having lower abdominal pain.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Okay , in that case you are having active UTI Detailed Answer: With those symptoms it is active UTI- urinary tract infection and this should be treated with course of antibiotics. Also continue to drink lots of water , this will help clear infection rapidly. Regards