Suggest treatment for Triple Vessel Disease

Medicines and dietry habits/restrictions, which can completely cure triple vessel disease without surgery(CABG). LAD obstruction-Calcific, Significant disease, LCX Obstruction-Long Disease, RCA Obstruction-small vessel.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There are NO medicines to "CURE" the disease Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. 1. The complete angiography report would have given me exact degree of severity of the disease. 2. At the outset, may I inform you that there are NO medicines to "CURE" Triple Vessel Disease (TVD). Medicines can only restrict the RATE of disease progression, as well as, prevent the symptoms to a variable extent, depending on the degree of blocks. 3. Medicines that are used to restrict the rate of progression and prevent symptoms or occurrence of a heart attack are :- * Drugs to control blood pressure in those who have hypertension. * Cholesterol lowering drugs (called "statins") to lower cholesterol levels in the blood; * Blood thinners (such as, aspirin and clopidogrel-to prevent formation of blood clots); * Drugs to reduce the workload of the heart; * Drugs to reduce the demand of blood supply; * Drugs to increase the blood supply to the heart by dilating coronary arteries (provided the arterial wall still have the capability of dilating further). * Drugs to treat co-existing diseases. Other preventive measures are :- effective control of blood pressure, weight reduction to ideal level, a low-fat diet, regular exercises within tolerable limits, avoidance of mental stress, adequate rest and sleep and, strict avoidance of alcohol and smoking. Medical management along with preventive measures would only defer the inevitable surgical intervention (angioplasty with stenting; or, CABG- as the case may be). As per establish norms, surgery is indicated when the medical management fails. Consult your Cardiologist, who is the best judge to apprise you of the severity of your heart disease and the best options available to you. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal