Suggest treatment for Tinnitus

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
hi doctor, My wife is having the problem of continuous ringing sound in her ear, she suffering from cold to we had shown to the ENT has prescribed for medicine centzune (10), T Renerve Plus, Otrinoz drops. due that she had the swelling on her face hence stopped the medicine.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: More details please.. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I want answers for the following to better evaluate her status. 1) For how long she has been having ringing in her ear. 2) Is there any hearing loss in the ear as well. 3) How long she is having cold and all her symptoms of cold. 4) All the medicines that she is currently taking. I believe that centzun is cetirizine, Renerve is a multivitamin. Please check the drugs for the generic names and let me know if I am wrong. Waiting for your response, Dr Rajkishori.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Tinnitus 51 minutes later
Hi Doctor, 1) For how long she has been having ringing in her ear. She had faced this kind of problem 7 to 8 month before. Now she is having this since past 2 months. When ever there is cold her ear is blocked,and she has the ringing problem. She is not able to make out words clearly if called form 20 to 25 feet. 2) Is there any hearing loss in the ear as well. By her right ear she is not able to listen that clear if called from longer distance 3) How long she is having cold and all her symptoms of cold. since past 25 days. 4) All the medicines that she is currently taking. She is under going homeopathic treatmentat present no relief, the medicine and report she had taken has been attached for your reference

Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I have gone through the reports. Your wife is having hearing loss in both the ears. The nerve that carries the sound impulses from the ear to the brain is weak. The Ringing in her ear is probably because of that. Cold can also produce ringing. There is a tube called the eustachian tube that connects the nose to the ear. Blockage of that tube during episodes of cold can also cause ringing. But since her ringing hes been there for 2 months continuously i feel that it is not because of cold. Ringing because of nerve deafness has no treatment unfortunately. Multivitamins can be tried but you should not expect great results. There are ways to combat tinnitus (ringing). As far as possible she should not pay attention to the sound. The more the attention she pays to it the louder it will seem to get and irritate her even further. Tinnitus tends to get louder in quiet places and it appears paricularly disturbing while going to sleep. She can switch on the radio and set it at a low volume. The sound from the radio will drown the tinnitus. She has hearing loss, in future if she uses a hearing aid it will help to control tinnitus. Regards, Dr Rajkishori. Feel free to follow up, Dr Rajkishori.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Tinnitus 2 hours later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for your reply, There must me some solution, request you to guide me to ENT specialist in Pune for further treatment to whom you know. i will be thank full to you.

Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dr XXXXXXX Ghaisas, Pune. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Dr XXXXXXX Ghaisas in Pune is very good. He has an ENT hospital in Deccan. Dont know the exact address. But you can find from the internet. You can quote my name, I am not sure he remembers me. But we both studied at JNMC Belgaum. That piece of information may help him to remember. All the best to you. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.

Dr. Thanks a lot I have written a mail for an appointment with Dr. XXXXXXX had mentioned your details he might contact you as i do not have any mail id of yours could keep you in cc. I will update the further details , once I meet Dr. XXXXXXX Thanks and Regards. XXXX

Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi XXXX Detailed Answer: You are most welcome. Will keep in touch with Dr XXXXXXX regarding your wife. Good luck. Dr Rajkishori.