Suggest treatment for Sternocleidomastoid Syndrome

Just found out that my head had been misalinged off my atlas for years. Had it aligned back on my atlas from a nucca specialist and everything seems centered but now my sternocleidomastoid have been sore with symtoms. Is this because the muscles are adjusting to the new corrected position.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sternocleidomastoid Syndrome... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting. I read your query carefully and I understood it very well. I hope I can help you. From what you refer I think you suffer from Sternocleidomastoid Syndrome. This syndrome is generally caused by vertebral arthritis and in rare cases by medical intervention. It is showed up with headache, facial pain, dizziness and blurred vision. In your case I think that Sternocleidomastoid Syndrome is caused by the spinal affect(atlas). The treatment you need is Chiropractic procedure, that is based in hand massage techniques. I suggest you to contact a chiropractor. For anything unclear, ask me. All the best. Dr. Behar.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Sternocleidomastoid Syndrome 6 hours later
bingo , thanks Dr. Greca . I will make that call and get this muscle rehabilitated asap. My upper cervical doctor is very well known and has been at it for 38 years and he told me it looked like it has been out for a few years , so I hope there won't be any permanent damage. What amazes me is that I went to 2 doctors before the Nucca Specialist and they didn't at all acknowledge my misalignment after hearing my symptoms. I guess over those years it put strain on my ligaments and neck muscles. so thankyou Dr. Greca for your intelligence , time and answer.
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 10 hours later
Brief Answer: You're welcome. Detailed Answer: And thank you for your compliments. I hope you'll be fine. Dr. Behar.