Suggest treatment for Sporadic acute pain in the right leg above the ankle
User rating for this question
Sporadic acute pain in right leg above the ankle. no swelling and not unable to stand on the leg at that time. The pain shoots up the lower part of my calf. I am also unable to touch the skin in the area where the pain originates .painful to the touch. The pain woke me up twice during the night. Apart from when this happens. I am able touch the spot walk as normal and feel no pain.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible side effect of Lipitor... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. I have noticed that you are taking Lipitor for high cholesterol. One of the side effects of this type of drug (it is a statin) includes problems with muscles (pain in your case). So, I suggest to consult with your physician who prescribed Lipitor to reconsider its use at the presence of such leg pain. Another cause could be related to vitamin and mineral deficiency (Magnesium, vit.of B complex,etc). I also suggest to consult with your physician to get your blood electrolytes and vitamins checked in order to start appropriate supplementation according to your age (menopause). Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana
People also viewed
- Is dark urine a side effect of cefprozil?
- Dexa scan body fat orange county ca
- Is bloating a side effect of ceftriaxone?
- What are the side effects of chondroitin?
- Is stomach pain a side effect of chantix?
- Suggest treatment for ankle pain
- Is blurred vision a side effect of cipro?
- Briuse right side of body
- Body rash broken bone
- Bruising on left side of body
- Can staying up late cause body pain
- Experiencing pain and pressure in leg and ankle any treatment
- Suggest treatment for painful burnt ankle
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles
- Suggest treatment for leg pain