Suggest treatment for Sjogren's syndrome

ENT Specialist
Hi I have advanced SJOGRENS SYNDROME (dry mouth and eyes is the least of it) Reynauds, Food Allergies triggered, polyneuropathy, stuttering, etc, I've been taking Evoxac 3x day for 3 years and live on generic Xanax .5 up to ten times a day (both scripts from Sjogrens/Arthritis MD). I've even started hallucinating lately. My Doctor says he never say a worse case than mine. I used to play tennis, longboard surfer all over the word, success in business. Now my quality of life is nil. I've had 30 attacts since Sunday. Is there any real medication that can help me? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Discuss with your doctor regarding Rituximab Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You are suffering from Sjogren's syndrome and are using drugs for dryness and anxiolytics. There are various groups of drugs used for Sjogren's syndrome other than you are using like hydroxychloroquine, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine and corticosteroids. But the drug you should be discussing with your doctor is a very promising drug for various symptoms is Rituximab. This drug has undergone various trials for the treatment of Sjogren's syndrome and has shown good results for symptoms not related to dryness part (glandular). So, please consult your doctor and discuss the option of trying this drug. Also, please do not use Xanax in such a high frequency. Feel free to ask another query. Regards