Suggest treatment for Premature ejaculations

May 2014

Sir, I am writing this query for my husband. we are recently married couple (august) from Cochin. We had tried to have an intercourse from the first day, Within 3 days we got everything clear. But our problem is premature ejaculation. When he tried to hit continuously, he will ejaculate within 5 or 6 hits. If he using condoms, then it will take long time to ejaculate. But he could not find any sex feeling while using condoms. So he wants to remove condoms. Doctor, Could you please prescribe for my husband to get more time while in sex apart from condoms.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. Premature ejaculation is one of the commonest problems faced by newly married couples and may be seen in 30 percent men in 20 to 30 years of age. One of the reasons for it is anxiety and stress. By reducing stress related anxiety one can reduce incidence of premature ejaculation. To reduce anxiety he can allow his mind to relax. This can be done be doing meditation ├Čn the day and talking to you about any sexual performance anxiety thatt he may have. Since orgasms are result of increased muscle tension, relaxing muscles by doing yoga or stretching exercises during the day can help control muscle tension and premature ejaculation. He can also do kegel exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. Having sex in missionary position causes muscle tension to build so other positions may be tried. Positions like female on top, spooning and doggy style may help delaying ejaculation. Another way to treat premature ejaculation is by increasing foreplay between you and your husband. You can give each other a full body massage and that will help delay ejaculation and help you have longer sexual sessions. In many young men premature ejaculation may occur due to hypersensitive tip or glans penis. This can be treated by applying lignocaine get in small amount to tip of penis just before penetration to decrease sensitivity and avoid premature ejaculation. Men are also asked to follow start stop technique during sex. This helps to slowly build up sexual tension and take time before ejaculation occurs. Mutual masturbation may also help you in delaying ejaculation. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek