Suggest treatment for Neurodermatitis

What can I do or stop doing or stop eating or use to get rid of a dermatisis/psoriosis skin patch on leg. Had it for a couple of years now. Sometimes it also flares up on rib cage or back and through the years I have had it in various places, starts out like a rash and it itches. I wonder if there are foods that create a problem for me?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Skin eczema Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. You seem to have developed a lesion of neurodermatitis which is basically an eczematous skin disease. I would like to many few more from you before reaching a final diagnosis. Do the skin lesions appear or increase in any season? Are there any lesions over the scalp? What are you applying over the lesions? Since when do you have them? Have you been diagnosed with psoriasis earlier? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me more details about the skin rash. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Neurodermatitis 52 minutes later
skin lesions may be worse in dry winter weather no lesions on scalp, however 20 years ago I did have a some on scalp, dr gave me special shampoo to get rid of it right now I put on calendula ointment or coconut oil or melrose essential oil or if it gets worse (sometimes after spicey food or alcohol or coffee or tea with caffeine) I may use triamcinolone crm 0.1% or ultravate .05% comes and goes and moves to different areas of body over the years. more than ten years yes previous dermatitis/psoriasis diagnosis
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Neurodermatitis 10 minutes later
Also, it seems to not bother me when i am busy and walking around, it is when I take a moment and sit down that it begins to itch. Sometimes it itches first thing in the morning and it seems to itch more when I am wearing pants-again this would be with the colder drier weather. I noticed when I went to Hawaii the sun and swimming in the salt water and maybe because I was in vacation mode it seemed to get better.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Psoriasis skin Detailed Answer: Hi again As the skin lesions tend to increase in winters everytime and also since sunlight helps in reducing the lesions, the lesions are more in favor of psoriasis. Now as far as the treatment is concerned, application of ultravate can be done whenever there is aggravation of the lesions. But the important thing is to keep the lesions and the skin hydrated. You should regularly apply a good moisturizer or coconut oil over the lesions. Dry lesions tend to increase itching and itching or scratching tends to increase the lesions further. Also sunlight is also helpful in early healing of the skin lesions, so try and expose the affected areas to sunlight whenever possible. Since this condition has a tendency on recurrence and complete cure is not possible in most cases, so treatment as and when the lesions appear has to be done. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Neurodermatitis 1 hour later
Thank you, do you know if there are any vitamins or minerals or nutritional food that I can consume to lessen this problem?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Vitamin a rich diet Detailed Answer: Hi again You need to take a diet rich in vitamin a . As much as possible, include things like green leafy vegetables, dairy products, meat, carrots, tomatoes, dried apricots, lettuce and sweet potatoes in your diet. Even foodstuffs like mangoes, papaya, green peas, eggs and fortified milk are sources of vitamin a. Dr Geetika Paul