Suggest treatment for Infrequent and barely noticeable tremors of hands and upper torso?

Question
Hi, once in a great while I have feelings of shaking within my arms, upper torso. It comes and goes but is not a frequent thing. I am a diabetic since 1997 on pills is at 6.8 - & A1C. My hands or arms do not shake but I can feel it inside, been happening for two days now. I have had breast cancer w/ high dose radiation. I seem to be fine. But I also am suceptible to thyroid cancer from x-ray treatments as a child. Is this a common thing. It usually goes away. XXXXX
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer: I would not be concerned... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, I went through the details with diligence. Infrequent and barely noticeable tremors of hands and upper torso is not explained by serious organic pathology. I am not concerned with short lasting very infrequent unnoticeable tremors. If its troubling you very frequently, I would order, hemoglobin, calcium, vitamin b12, vitamin D, magnesium, thyroid function test, blood sugar and other basic metabolic check up. It is unlikely to be from breast cancer or serious side effects of radiation. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Infrequent and barely noticeable tremors of hands and upper torso? 24 minutes later
I guess I didn't make it clear. The tremors and it may not be that at all are not visible at all. It is not just the feeling of shaking. It is more of a weak feeling in my arms, a not calm feeling, a little painful like numbness or jumpiness. This time I am on two days of this.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Investigation is indicated if it is troubling you. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, I understand your concern. It is common to experience other motor / sensory symptoms in a weak arm. As the weakness, motor and sensory symptoms that yo described is not progressing, has been infrequent and short lasting, I would not consider a serious organic cause. Age factors and its associated effects does cause some amount of disturbances. Nutritional and metabolic changes may add to those. The tests that I requested early on are initial set of investigations that I perform with almost all patients with tremors and shaking. More sophisticated radiological tests may be ordered after detailed neurological examination. Since your symptoms seem to be pronounced for last couple of days, feel free to talk to your doctor. He/she will know about the tests that mentioned. Discuss and plan the tests as and when feasible. Until then continue to be positive and maintain a healthy life style. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards