Suggest treatment for IBS

Hello, I am 40 years old, 174 tall and I live in Bulgaria. I have IBS or some kind of it. The symptoms are: bloating, a lot of gas ( 1 hour after meal, this is one of the most serious problems), I go to the WC usually 2-3 times morning and then some time once afternoon. I don’t have diarihya. I don’t have a pain, I go every day to the WC with no constipation. There is no blood. There is almost no food, which I can eat without problems ( every food I eat cause these problems). This condition started September 2013, as I had some problems before that time, but they were minor, compared to the situation now, I did not have a gas for example. My doctor say to take duspatalin retard 200 twice per day. Now what can I do to improve my conditions ( which I believe are connected with IBS) and can I take duspatalin 3 times per day? Also, can I take duspatalin retard 200 for life , or it has to be stopped at some time? Thank you in advance for the attention.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Duspatalin retard to be used at least 2 weeks.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with Healthcaremagic. I have read your medical data and understood your concerns. Indeed, dealing with IBS is a very hard. I am happy to know that you do not suffer of anything organic (bowel damages) so far. Please bare in mind that IBS itself is not an organic disease (no damages/inflammation is caused to your bowels). It has to do with bowel movements. Duspatalin retard 200 will help with abdominal cramps and reducing bowel movements. It is not used for long-time neither lifetime. Usually, Duspatalin is used up to 2 weeks, other times, up to 1 month with low dose. I advise to: - take probiotics on daily basis for 1 month - use simethicone for bloating - have frequent, small meals and slowly - avoid foods causing gas and bloating (beans, potato, sprouts,etc) - try stress-relieving techniques to control stress - examine the stool for ova/parasites and culture feces for candida/bacterial infection to get treated properly. Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!