Suggest treatment for Hepatitis C and Crohn's disease

My 49 year old son has been diagnosed with Chrone's disease, cirrhosis, Heptititus C and significant liver damage. The doctor he's been seeing here hasn't seen him in approximately 3 months and has now called and rescheduled his appointment for another month later. The doctor has told him that he needs to start treatment for the Hep c but yet he keeps putting him off. Please help us, I love my children immensely and don't know what I would do without even one of them. Thank you so much.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please upload the test results of your son... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history carefully and feel sorry for the situation your son is in. Your son is being diagnosed with Hepatitis C (cirrhosis too) and Crohn's disease. He should start proper treatment as soon as possible. However, first, I need to have his test results especially the HCV-RNA test as it is the only one to determine if the therapy for hep.C should be started now or not. Furthermore, I need to have the colonoscopy reports and other tests he ran to further evaluate the Crohn's disease. All the tests results will help me assist your son further! For the time being, I can admit that the case of your son is very difficult practically. In such cases, treatment for hep.C is a must when immuno-modulators or biological preparations such as infliximab or adalimumab are the drugs the choice. Once again, the best therapy is based on the test results. With regards to Crohn's disease, he should not take corticosteroids as he is suffering of hepatic cirrhosis due to hep.C. Looking forward to have the requested data of your son! Thank you! Dr.Klerida