Suggest treatment for Gastritis

I have inflammation of the stomach linning. Would you give me Omeprazole Magnesium for 2 months?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). For Gastritis I will advise you rabeprazole instead of omeprazole which is better than omeprazole for at least 6 weeks. Also avoid analgesic belonging to NSAID group as they are also common cause for gastritis I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Gastritis 7 hours later
Thank you for the information. I have no problem with eating but pain under my ribs cage and I feel I have a knot in the middle of my stomach. would this be from the Gastritis? Does the Omeprazole Magnesium heal the inflammation?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 days later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Sorry for delay. Yes it may be gastritis and will be relieved by omeprazole also