Suggest treatment for Cloaca with Colon pouch syndrome

My sister was born with congenital defects which her doctor describes as 'Cloaca with Colon pouch syndrome'. She is now around 30 years old and has undergone several major and minor surgeries. Although she has managed to get educated and employed as an online journalist, she still has problems - severe urinary and bowel incontinence and frequent urinary infections. Her doctor's letter is enclosed for more clarity. Both my sister and her doctor live in India. Her doctor recognizes the fact that the technology in India is insufficient to make further progress in her condition. For example, the doctors in India are of the opinion that artificial sphincter could be explored as an option. However it is not available in India. I would therefore like to consult and explore all options while I'm here in the US, in Maryland. It would be great if the initial explorations are made before she travels to US and if we can prepare the ground for whatever procedure she may need to undergo, before she travels. What is the best way to get her continence? Her bladder shape and size, and the current structure of that area may need to be considered before arriving at an option. The reports may help in understanding this. I have enclosed some of her reports. Please let me know if you need more reports.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Following contact in Maryland... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, I am sorry for the situation your sister is in. Indeed, Cloaca with colon pounch syndrome is a rare congenital condition. As no other options exist in India, you can take her in Maryland. There is an urological institute called "The XXXXXXX Buchanan XXXXXXX Urological Institute" where such interventions are possible. You can find more details on pre-operative preparation for your sister together with booking an appointment at: WWW.WWWW.WW The doctors in India should provide all the medical reports of your sisters, together with specific surgical interventions and recent blood work, urine analysis and other tests. All the best to your sister! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Cloaca with Colon pouch syndrome 2 hours later
thank you so much for the reply. I have initiated an inquiry at the link you provided.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Good luck to both of you.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You're most welcomed! Good luck to your sister and God bless you for helping her! Dr.Klerida