Suggest treatment for BiPolar Disorder type2

my name is XXXX and I am terribly worried. I have gone through 25 years of what I have been told is treatment resistant depression, however, another psychiatrist thinks that I am bipolar. The majority of the time I am depression, but there are times like r ight now, that feel so much better. My mind is no longer cloudy, I am clever and have come up with a lot of great ideas for a new business. I am also more talkative and social. To me, this sounds like bipolar, however, my primarily psychiatrist who is one of the best in the country, Dr XXXXXXX Reichman, insists I have treatment resistant depression I have had ECT twice, first time it helped, second time it did not..please help me, as, I am fed up and confused. If I have bipolar, I need mood stabilizers, if not, what am I am going to do. Again, I feel good right now..not to hyper or talkative at all, just clear and optimistic and goal oriented. help! thanks
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please screen yourself for ADHD on line Detailed Answer: Hello Mr XXXXXXX Thanks for choosing wwww WWW.WWWW.WW There is no doubt in my mind that it is BiPolar Disorder type2 . It consists of majority of the episodes of depression with at least oneepisodeof Hypomania. You are asking for help clearly suggest that it is Hypomania. This much for the diagnosis. Presently you need mood stabilizer like Divaroex . Though you are feeling very well, it will make you feel better and prevent further episodes of depression. The other doctor must have some reasons to believe you have resistant depression . A person with resistant depression can also be BPD II so there is no confusion. I suggest you to screen for ADHD on line to see if it is acomorbid disease and a cause of resistant depression. Any more query is welcome Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for BiPolar Disorder type2 3 hours later
but I have never had a hypomanic episode, I am feeling good now but not too good, do you still feel it is bipolar 2?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 5 hours later
Brief Answer: please get detailed evaluation from a psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hello You may be right but I said, I think it to be BPD type 2. Sometimes Hypomania episode is so mild that it is not easily noticed so a psychiatrist needs to interview you and one or two of your family members to find out the truth. As I mentioned, some of the symptoms can be due to ADHD as well because one in ten cases of BPD has ADHD as well. There is nothing stigmatic about it, but important to decide a suitable medicine to stabilize your mood and help you avoid depressive as well as some of the other possible problems Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa