Suggest treatment for Actinomycosis

Some of what the actinomycosis has and is doing Thank you for your time, what I am dealing with is more than a skin problem the damn things seem to be eatting me My major worry is my eyes I have had two of the worms, bacteria what eer move into my eyes i have constent pressure and intermitent mild to sharp pain vision in left eye degrading with focus and light sensitivity problms the antibiotics Im taking have had effect on the skin and other areas but only seem to irritate the larger in eys and sinuses
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer: requires long term treatment Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, I have seen all the uploaded images. I am sorry that you are suffering from this disease. Actinomycosis, especially the one like in yours, requires long term aggressive treatment. Penicillin G is the drug of choice even now. Please make sure you take the right treatment in the right dosage and for the right duration for you to be cured of this. It requires a minimum of 6 months to one year of treatment. It needs regular follow up with an infectious diseases specialist. You can use ice packs locally on the eyes, and see an eye specialist to check your vision as well. I wish you recover at the earliest. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards,
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Actinomycosis 17 minutes later
Thank you. What I wish to know is would intervenis antibiotics have a faster effect. Possibly lessining the time the ones in my eyes would have to further damage the nerves and eye
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, intravenous antibiotics would have a faster healing effect. Pencillin G 1-6 million units/day IV (intravenous) is the recommended dosage. It would also lessen the time taken for the eye lesions to hear and prevent further damage to the nerves and eyes. Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for Actinomycosis 2 minutes later
Yes, thank youI
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 minute later
Brief Answer: you are welcome Detailed Answer: It's my pleasure. Take care and get well soon.