Suggest treatment for ADHD

We have been trying ADHD medications for our 7 year old and having seemed to have found the right one yet. Is there one that is better to the impulsivity part of ADHD. Vyvance worked but he had mood swings, we tried Focalin and now are on Concerta, which is helping but teacher tonight said his impulsiveness is not getting better
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Atomoxetine Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Its unfortunate that three of the first line drugs for ADHD have not worked well with your son. ADHD is a difficult illness to treat and trying one after other another drug is the only way to find out the best drug for your son. It seems there is no mention of the use of atomoxetine in your list. This is one of the first line drugs and is effective for ADHD. Its available in the dose 10 mg, 18mg, 25 mg depending on the requirement. Another drug which is effective in improving impulsivity in ADHD is low dose risperidone. This drug in low doses helps in reducing impulsivity. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.