Suggest treatment and diet for fibromyalagia leading to pain in arm and neck?

Age : 30 Gender : Male Location : Bangalore Last 3 years, am suffered by fibromyalagia. I have taken pevesca plus and remylin for last 1 months continuously. I do some physical exercise(stretching and jogging) for last 2 months but still I felt joint stiffness, and acute pain on my left arm and it radiate all through my nerves from neck to left arm fingers. Please suggest me what should I do? Also please mention what kind of diet should I add ? Thanks in advance.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 5 hours later
Brief Answer: detailed below Detailed Answer: Hello Fibromyalgia occurs when the central mechanism of pain perception becomes hypersensitive to the pain sensations from periphery. Increasing levels of norepinephrine in brain synapses help to reduce this sensations. Pevesca is a good drug but I would prefer to use SNRI(Serotonin Norepinephrine reuptake Inhibitors) like venlafaxine,Duloxetine or tricyclic Antidepressants like Amitriptyline. Physical exercise are good so please continue. You can start with hot water baths as well .Pain in neck will be helped with exercises of neck . you are already taking Vitamin D as supplement . Any more queries are welcome DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Follow-up: Suggest treatment and diet for fibromyalagia leading to pain in arm and neck? 1 hour later
Thank you so much sir. Still I have few questions. Am a software professional so my job is to sit and work infront of laptop or PC all the time. Because of this fibromyalgia problem, I left my job.In my left arm(back side) under scapula region, one persistent pain always there for last two years. CT scan shows very normal. I have done yoga and some other exercise one year back. But I can't continue that because I can't sit straight and even can't do some simple posture exercise. Within a ten minutes of physical work like sitting infront of laptop or do some lifting things or simple push-ups start stimulating a pain and at one stage I can't sit or do any work.So, please suggest some pain-killer(which won't affect my stomach too). Sir, really I don't know how many years am going to suffer with this pain.Still I don't lose hope. doing some breathing exercise and this physical exercise. Please tell me how to take those medicine at night or day. take before food or after.Also state the quantity to take(eg.75mg or other). I hope these medicines are not sedative.
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 17 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I think, you need a specific set of muscle strengthening exercises for back and fingers . Most professionals in IT have problems similar to you because of long sitting hours and use of hand muscles. You should be fine once you have a programme for shoulder,neck and hand muscles retraining . I would prefer to try a course of Duloxetine , starting with 20 mg at night after food and ,going to up to 60 mg over a period of 2 months . Generally these are not sedative .If you want some pain killer, any NSAID like ibuprofen or tramadol is a good choice.Once you start these programmes, you should be fine Hope this should be helpful to you DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA