Suggest treatment and cause itchy rash on buttocks

Hi, I have a cluster of what appear to be bug bites on my buttock. They are incredibly itchy. I did get them once before about a month ago. Right around my period both times. What could this be and is there anything I can do to eliminate or reduce them? XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Try antihistamines Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this itchy rash on your buttocks. If you do suspect a bug bite, then you would need to take a closer look are your beddings just to make sure there is no bug hiding there. This itchy rash sounds classical of an allergic reaction but cannot for real tell whether it is caused by a bed bug. If there are any recent additions to your sanitary products especially around your periods, please carefully look at the new addition to make sure it is not a possible cause. For now, try an anti histamine like loratadine. This will relief you of the symptoms. Also, keep the rash clean so as to avoid any further infections. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.