Suggest treatmant for strep throat and post nasal drip

ENT Specialist
Hi, I have a question. My daughter tested positive for Strep Throat last week. For the past 2 days ,my mouth has gotten extremely dry, and this gunk in throat. I don't know if it helps to know that I have had Asthma. I am 34 and have had it since I was 5. We are under the Winter Storm alerts...
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer: As below: Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. I have had a look at the images. It seems to be a severe post nasal drip. 2. Since you are expecting bad weather and have a history of exposure to strep throat, it would be prudent to take a course of antibiotics and anti-allergic, mucolytics. Add a medicated gargle. Keep yourself warm and well hydrated. 3. If a throat swab is possible, it should be done before the medication is started. I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them. Regards.