Suggest tips for weight loss and bone pain in ankles?

Jun 2015

Give me tips for weight weight is 90kg.i have pain in bone near my ankle.pls reply. near ankle bone pain problem is for both the legs. also it more in early morning.also early morning to much difficult to easy walk.also my uric acid level is 7.6.what I need to do reduce uric acid naturally, not by medicine.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Tips mentioned below Detailed Answer: HelloXXXXX, Thanks for your query. For losing weight, a low calorie low fat diet should be followed such as: 1. Avoid eating white breads, rice and pasta. They have high calories and increases the blood sugar level. 2. It is better to have complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat bread, oatmeal and brown rice. 3. Consume low fat versions of milk and cheese and avoid oily foods. 4. Have a diet rich in low calorie protein foods such as egg whites, fish, etc. 5. It is better to avoid soft drinks and fruit juices which are rich in calories. Instead, drink large amount of water (about 8 to 10 glasses) throughout the day. 6. Dietary fiber such as whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and nuts can also be included in the diet. In your post you have mentioned about increased uric acid levels & early morning ankle pains, which can be attributed to Gout. Medications like Goutnil (pharmacologically colchicine) & Feburic (pharmacologically Febuxostat) which you are taking at present are helpful in management of this condition. In addition you can take analgesics during acute episodes of pain. Uric acid level can be reduced naturally by: 1. Avoid eating purine-rich foods like red meat, seafood, etc. 2. Eat foods high in vitamin C and vitamin E. Multivitamin supplement can be added to your diet. 3. Eat high-fiber foods to help flush out your body's toxic metabolites. 4. Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, but avoid mushrooms or cauliflower. 5. Drink lots of water (as I have already mentioned) to flush excess uric acid from your body. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Wishing you a Good Health. Please let me know if I need to clarify further. Take care.
Follow-up: Suggest tips for weight loss and bone pain in ankles? 32 minutes later
Dear sir my name is XXXXXXX is gout due to high weight as mentioned weight is 90kg. tell me about high vitamin C & E foods & its consumption per day for this uric acid level. it is possible to gout condition at this age (24) . what are the reason to increased uric acid level. how much time I can take non veg food per week or per month.
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 days later
Brief Answer: Kindly view the details Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your follow up query. 1. Gout per se is not due to high weight. But due to high weight, there is increased load on the lower limbs for maintaining posture or walking, which further aggravates the ankle joint pain. 2. Vitamin C rich foods include citrus foods like amla, lemon, orange, etc. Sources of vitamin E are sunflower oil, nuts like almonds, tomato, etc. These need to be added in your diet plan. 3. Though Gout is seen commonly after the age of 30 yrs, the risk increases after the age of 20 yrs in association with increase in Uric acid level. So, it is possible to get gout at your age (24 yrs). 4. The reasons for increased uric acid level are: a. Decreased excretion of uric acid from body b. Increased production of uric acid in body This increased uric acid gets deposited in the joints & causes Gout. 5. You can take non vegetarian food twice a month. But make sure you take in limited amount & avoid red meat (mutton) & sea food. Also your uric acid level needs to be regularly monitored to avoid further aggravation of symptoms. Hope I have been able to answer your queries. Wishing you a Good Health. Take care.